Friday, 20 July 2012

Bad Moon Rising coming soon as a paperback!


My wonderful publishers, Crooked Cat Publishing, have announced that Bad Moon Rising, currently receiving brilliant reviews as an e-book (see below) is going to be released in paperback format later this year.

This is exciting on so many levels. Firstly, incredible as it may seem, there are still loads of readers who simply can’t stand the thought of using an electronic device. As a result, I’ve had plenty of emails from people who have read the opening chapters on various sites asking why Bad Moon Rising is only available as an e-book. The only answer I could give was that one day I hoped it would be published in print form. The response has generally been that the day cannot come soon enough. I can now let all those people know that their patience will shortly be rewarded.

Secondly, even though I love my Kindle, there is something deeply satisfying in holding a physical copy of my own work.

Thirdly, it means I can give away signed copies as prizes in future competitions.

News on Reviews
The latest review of Bad Moon Rising comes from a member of The Kindle Book Review site. I always get nervous when a new review comes in, just in case this is the one where the reviewer says they didn’t enjoy the book. I needn’t have worried.

Marilou George says: Bad Moon Rising is a strongly written psychological crime thriller. The author successfully pulls the reader into the story from the onset and maintains a sense of urgency throughout.” Read the rest of the review on her blog: Confessions of a Reader

3 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Congrats on the printed version of your work. I, too, love the feel of a printed copy. Dream come true!

Psymon H said...

I'm old School, but trying my hardest to get with the program about ebook readers. My only fear is that i might drop it in the bath. Congrats on your book, and keep up the hard work

Frances said...

Thank you both for stopping by to leave a comment. I am very excited about the paperback version, even though I love my kindle.