Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Reader Feedback



Reader feedback – that’s what every writer craves. We want to know that our words have reached into the minds of others and created a link. We want to know that the people who have lived for so long in our heads have come to life for our readers.

Today has been a great day for me as a writer, because I’ve had two lots of very positive feedback. A neighbour stopped me while I was out and said he’d finished Bad Moon Rising in a day. He hadn’t been able to put it down. Did I mind if he talked to me about it? Did I mind? What a question. Of course I didn’t mind. I was delighted.

The second thing that happened was being alerted to this review site, where Bad Moon Rising made it to the ‘Special Mentions’ list, sharing space with some wonderful books, such as Dominion by C. J. Sansom and the Booker Prize long listed The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce.

Happy days.

No comments: