Thursday, 13 February 2014

Excellent review from Crime Fiction Lover

Knowing one of your novels is going to be reviewed by a highly respected review site, such as Crime Fiction Lover, can be a nerve-wracking experience. I know this because Someday Never Comes was accepted for review (and this is a site that is very picky indeed about what they will and will not feature).

First came the delight of knowing Someday Never Comes was going to be in the company of some really big hitters in the crime genre (my reviewer recently covered such names as Val McDermid, Ann Cleeves and Peter May). Then followed the fear of knowing I was going to be judged as an author against those same names.

After a few uncomfortable days worrying about how I would fare, I finally got the message that the review was up on the site. To say I was delighted would be an understatement akin to mentioning the earth revolved around the sun.

I was thrilled by lines like these: ... this writer is adept in the art of creating realistic characters and their complex relationship with each other. and There are twists and turns galore as we all try to work out who the enigmatic Joey actually is, and the final reveal is neatly executed.

You can read the review in full here.

Some other news regarding Someday Never Comes - it is in the running for a Crime Writers' Association Dagger Award. Once again, it will be up against the top names in crime. Fingers crossed I'll be able to bring some good news in a few months.

If you want to take advantage of the publisher's kindle sale, all three D.I. Paolo Storey titles are on sale at 99p/99c as a Valentine's special.

No comments: