Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Win some, lose some



I had the most amazing time at the People’s Book Prize (even though Bad Moon Rising didn’t win). The award dinner was held in a fabulous guild hall dating back to the days before printing had been invented! Within the hallowed walls where the folio of William Shakespeare is housed, we sat down to a wonderful meal with  excellent company. The colours shining from the stained glass windows added to the sense of being part of something special. Who could ask for more? Apart from winning the prize, of course.

Actually, as far as prizes go, at the dinner I received something almost as good as winning. A scriptwriter  asked permission to work on Bad Moon Rising to submit as a six-parter for television. In this industry, it’s all about the highs and lows. If nothing comes of it, I know I’ll experience a low point, but right now, I’m floating on a high!

Speaking of highs, there is nothing better than getting emails from readers saying they have enjoyed the D.I Paolo Storey series so far and asking when the fourth book will be out. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Looking for a Reason will be published by Crooked Cat Publishing later this year.

So that you don't miss out, why not subscribe to the newsletter (link below) and get to hear about the exact launch date before anyone else?



No comments: